|1. Lake Malawi: since 1980. Have visited
Malawi 37 times, Tanzania 6 times, Mozambique about 17 times. Dived
approximately 1900 hours in the lake.
2. Lake Tanganyika: since 1986. Have visited the lake 15 times. Burundi 3 times, Tanzania 10 times, Zaire/Congo 3 times, and Zambia 6 times. Dived approximately 750 hours in the lake.
3. Mexico: since 1989 (for cichlids). Have visited the country at least 18 times for cichlid trips. Have underwater photos of almost every cichlid species found in the rivers.
4. Ecuador: in 1993 (not really for cichlids (Galapagos), although I did some underwater video in the Rio Napo).
5. Belize: since 1996. Have visited country twice.
6. Nicaragua: since 2000. Visited many crater lakes and other lakes, and rivers. Have visited country six times.
7. Brazil: in 2012. Expedition on Rio Negro.
8. Guatemala: in 2017. Lakes Petèn and Izabal.
return to biography
return to Cichlid Press